Thursday, August 12, 2004

The night of destiny

Hey, do you know what last night was? No, no besides that. That’s right, last night our youth "took over". By which I mean Pastor allowed us to lead the service for one night.

It went great. I am really proud of our praise and worship team, they have been sounding great for awhile now, but last night with the better sound equipment they were awesome. My mother complained that it was too "rock n roll" which means they did a GREAT job. And yes, I am glad that mom doesn’t read this. Pastor Adam's message was good, and his PowerPoint looked great. We had two wonderful dramas, great job drama team, and four of our students gave testimonies from our mission trip. The testimonies were rather impressive, looking back I don't know if I could have spoken as well in front of the main church when I was their age. (Yes, I have an ego, deal with it)

But of course, the best, most fluid, most awesome part of the night was warfare prayer. I leave it up to the reader to discern why warfare prayer was so perfect, leaving only the reminder that I am in charge of our male prayer team.

Hey, I also ran the camera last night. Now for those of you who don't attend our church, this is not some small handheld camcorder. Our camera is a larger TV camera, by far the most advanced powerful camera I have ever operated. I thought about zooming in on Asa till we could see his nose hairs, but then I remember I didn't even know how to turn the thing off, let alone zoom.

Onto other business, I would give a shout out to Rachael, but it is my understanding she only reads this when she can laugh at me (like my vacation recap) so I guess its best just to ignore her.

For Asa and all the other kiddies starting school soon, I would just like to point out that I don't start until the 24th. Shut up Martin.

And finally, the Newsboys "Love, Liberty, Disco" CD is quite possibly the best CD ever made.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home