Monday, October 18, 2004

Yet, I still wear orange

For the first time I can remember, during the game I was ashamed to be wearing orange. Not because of our players or coaches, I still hold both groups in high regards. Rather because starting with the first A&M drive for a touchdown the section around me became negative. I was ashamed because when A&M had the ball, thier fans were louder than we were for our defense (at least that overshadowed the way they were louder when we had the ball too). But most of all I was ashamed to see the top quarter of my section leave the game when A&M kicked a field goal at the beginning of the third quarter.

I still don't understand how so many fans get negative so quickly. I still remember 0-10-1 (as I doubt many of those who left do) but I also realize this is a different team. They didn't give up even when many of thier fans did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home